The Best Realtors for Investors in Northern Virginia
Northern Virginia has a lot to offer residents, from its rolling countryside to pristine suburbs in close proximity to the nation’s capital. This versatile location draws a variety of renters including young professionals, government contractors, families, and students. So, with an influx of people flocking to the area and a rebounding housing market – Northern Virginia is ripe with opportunities for investors. Whether you choose to build-to-rent, fix and flip, or buy and hold, every investor needs a great realtor. However, with so many agents to choose from, how do you know which is best? Check out the tips below, along with some of the best realtors for investors in Northern Virginia.
What Makes a Real Estate Agent Investor-friendly?
There are so many incredible realtors out there. However, while they may be great at helping homebuyers, not everyone is suited to working with investors. Real estate investors face unique challenges, and there are several critical traits an investor-friendly agent should have.
- Speed and Efficiency – Great deals demand quick action. So, the best realtors for investors will communicate quickly and efficiently handle the back and forth to get the deal done.
- Confidence – Real estate investing takes persistence and a willingness to go after opportunities with vigor. Therefore, the realtor investors work with needs to be an impeccable negotiator.
- Commitment – Agents selling real estate as a side hustle are not going to work. Investors need an agent who is both committed and fully knowledgeable on everything in their field. That way, they are up to date on new listings and any applicable laws.
- Honest Awareness – The best realtors for investors fully understand their strengths and weaknesses and are not afraid to admit it. Owners need an agent who is honest and upfront about potential deals, but also themselves.
- Unfazed by Rejection – Investing in real estate can involve extensive negotiation and offers that do not pan out. That said, the best realtors for investors are willing to put in many offers knowing there will inevitably be ample rejection. If they are not ok with that approach, they are not the agent for you.
Best Realtors for Investors in Northern Virginia
As a real estate investor, success hinges on the relationships you form. That said, one of the essential facets of your team is a qualified realtor. Realtors offer market knowledge and help investors get a jump on advantageous deals. With that in mind, check out this list of the best realtors for investors in Northern Virginia below.
Nikki Lagouros – The Property Collective
Hailed as Reston’s #1 Selling Agent, Nikki Lagouros has been around the real estate industry her entire life. Her father was a builder, and her mom was also a successful real estate agent. In her nearly decade-long career, Nikki has sold over $150 million in real estate. That said, Nikki’s accolades do not end there. Northern Virginia Magazine named her Top Producer and Best Realtor in both 2018 and 2019.
For investors, Nikki’s extensive market insight and background in construction give her an advantage over typical agents. Nikki’s other relevant achievements include – Top Negotiator 2020, Top Producer 2020, Sells Homes Fast 2020, Sells Homes Fast 2019, Top Producer 2019, Move Safe Certified 2020, and NAR REALTOR Certifications. In addition, her attention to detail and commitment to honest guidance with every client means Nikki is a partner you want on your team.
Joe Facenda – RE/MAX Gateway
Proudly serving Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, and Loudoun counties, Joe Facenda stands out from the rest. As a licensed realtor since 1989, Joe brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his clients. In fact, over 85% of his business is referral or repeat clients. Over the past several years, Joe has seen the rise of real estate investors in the area. As a result, they now account for about 50% of his business. As a rental owner himself, Joe understands the unique challenges and circumstances involved in these types of transactions. His varied expertise allows Joe to help both local and out-of-town investors find the best deals to suit their business model – all while ensuring an efficient and positive experience.
The CAZA Group – Keller Williams Realty
What is better than one qualified realtor? A whole team! The CAZA Group offers clients access to professionals that cater to a wide range of buyer types, including investors and cash offers. The CAZA Group helps investors find the opportunities that net the most profit potential through their high-achieving agents. In addition, they offer a webinar series that helps educate buyers on the ins and outs of real estate transactions and finding the right property to suit their needs. This, along with consistent growth and diligent efficiency, makes The CAZA Group some of the best realtors for investors through Northern Virginia.
Will Gaskins – Keller Williams
Will Gaskins has been in the real estate industry since 2004 and is licensed to do business throughout Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. However, Will actually got his start buying and flipping foreclosures before he made the leap to sales. So, for investors, Will offers industry insight from hands-on construction and investment experience. Thus, making him one of the best realtors for investors looking to break into the Northern Virginia market. Will is deeply ingrained into the local community, using his spare time to coach sports and work with children. His many industry achievements include Sells Homes Fast 2020, Top Producer 2020, Top Producer 2019, Sells Homes Fast 2019, Top Negotiator 2019, and NAR REALTOR® Certifications.
Jason Cheperdak – Shepherd Home Group
Growing up, Jason Cheperdak had a first-hand glimpse of the real estate industry as his family bought, renovated, and flipped houses. This personal experience now fuels Jason as an agent to help his clients find their ideal property, either for settling down or investment potential. Above everything, Jason focuses on the pule of the local market, using his insight and attention to detail to ensure his clients get the best deal possible. In addition, Jason is a NAR Certified REALTOR® and is 2020 Move Safe Certified.
Is There a Difference Between Real Estate Agents and Realtors?
Are Realtors and real estate agents different? Yes! That said, investors may hear these terms used interchangeably throughout the industry. While both complete many of the same duties for their clients, there are is a distinct difference. That said, it does not mean that one agent is better than another based solely on this distinction. So, with that in mind, let’s discuss the differences below.
- Real Estate Agents – All real estate agents carry a license in order to facilitate buying and selling of properties. However, once licensed, an agent must hang that license in the office of a broker. This broker serves as oversight for any transactions of the real estate agent.
- Realtor® – An agent with a Realtor® distinction belongs to the National Association of Realtors. While they perform the same duties as agents, these individuals have achieved a higher level of industry education. Thus, they are viewed as experts in their field.
Tips to Finding the Best Realtors for Investors
With no shortage of local realtors, finding the best one can be a challenge. That said, finding the best realtors for investors is critical to success. So check out these tips to make sure you find the perfect pro.
- Get Your Finances in Order First – Investing in real estate and scoring the best deals relies on the investor being able to act quickly. So, before ever starting your search for a realtor, make sure your finances are in order, you know your budget, and have lender pre-approval if necessary.
- Ask for Referrals – Chances are investors in the industry may already have some connections to lenders, agents, or other investors. So, lean on these connections to provide potential referrals to the best realtors for investors in your local market.
- Research and Screen Candidates – Thanks to technology, it is easy to research and check the reviews and credentials of any potential investor agents. Once satisfied that they have the experience necessary, meet in person with at least three candidates. As an investor, having repour and trust between you and your agent is critical. Thus, when great deals take quick action, you want to ensure the agent is equipped to respond accordingly.
- Check References — Few things can provide the unique insight that references do. So, any reputable realtor should have at least a few contacts to offer prospects. That said, try to focus attention on previous investor clients to see how their experience stacks up to the competition.
- Read the Contract – Before signing with an agent, carefully review the contract, including applicable commissions or fees. Also, check the length of the agreement to ensure it fits your needs.
The Professionals Investors can Trust
Whether you are a home buyer or an investor, the housing market is a competitive one. Thus, all the more reason to seek out the very best realtors for investors that Northern Virginia has to offer. However, for investors, buying a property is only half the battle. The next step for those looking to generate passive income through rental properties is to hire a qualified property management team familiar with the local market.
That is where Bay Property Management Group comes in. Our team of dedicated professionals has years of experience in various facets of the real estate industry, which we use to help our clients attain financial freedom. So, if you own a portfolio of rental property or are just getting started with your first purchase, give us a call today to learn more about the benefits of professional property management.